Housing to Health
The Housing to Health project is delivered by Nottingham City Council Housing Services in partnership with Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group.
The project aims to improve links between housing and health in Nottingham by providing a 'hand-holding' service to speed up a patients hospital discharge, or working within the community to intervene before individuals are hospitalised due to unsuitable accommodation.
Housing to Health Co-ordinators act as the referral point and are responsible for finding suitable accommodation from Nottingham HomeLink vacant properties.
Reducing bed blocking to:
- save the NHS money
- free up high demand hospital beds
- reduce the number of empty homes
- free up high demand / under-occupation of homes
Helping people to stay healthy, for longer, by:
- encouraging proactive referrals
- preventing hospital admissions / re-admissions
- providing appropriate accommodation that are safer for people to live in
- reducing the need for costly adaptations
Read the evaluation report
An evaluation report has been produced showing the impact of the project.
This can be downloaded here:
If you know anybody who might benefit from this service, complete this online form: