Tips on packing
Don't leave everything to the last minute when it comes to moving.
Top ten packing tips
- Separate your things into breakables and non-breakables.
- Make a priority packing list
- Label a separate box for essentials like toilet roll/tea/coffee/biscuits, kettle and mugs, so you can find them easily when you arrive at your new home
- Separate your belongings into four sections: keep, charity, bin, recycle.
- Why not make some money for your move? Try getting rid of your unwanted stuff at a carboot sale or in an on-line auction
- Make sure you have plenty of boxes and things like brown tape, string, a marker pen, bubble wrap, tags and newspapers for packing everything up
- Don't overfill large boxes with heavy items
- Use strong boxes - your local supermarket will be glad to get rid of them
- Check that your contents insurance covers you for damages on the move, or check your removal firm's terms and conditions
- Put all hazardous items such as paint, bleach and aerosols into a separate box and keep them away from your other things.